Mongolian Beef (PF Chang’s knock-off recipe)
About 4 T vegetable or olive oil
½ tsp ginger
1 T garlic
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup water
¾ cup brown sugar
Flank steak (approx 1.5 lbs)
About 2 T cornstarch
3-4 chopped green onions
1. Cut steak into bite size pieces and cover lightly with cornstarch. Let this sit approx 10 minutes.
2. Heat approx 2 Tablespoons oil in skillet then add steak.
3. Remove meat when it is at desired tenderness.
4. Add another 2 T oil to the skillet then add garlic and ginger.
5. Add soy sauce, water, and then dissolve the brown sugar.
6. Boil approx 2-3 minutes then put cooked meat back into the skillet. Top with the green onions.
7. Serve over rice (Jasmine rice goes well)