1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
1 large onion, chopped
1 can peas
1 can corn
1 can carrots
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1-2 bay leaves
salt and pepper to taste
oil for cooking
Water to cover veggies plus extra to reach desired consistency
- Saute onion over medium heat in a small amount of oil until soft.
- Add all other vegetables and seasonings and enough water to cover them.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer
- Let simmer partially covered for at least 1 hour, or until squash is soft
- Add any additional water until soup is desired thickness.
This reheats and freezes well and is great on its own or with a little cheese melted in.