SAUSAGE AND CHEESE STUFFED MUSHROOMS
·2 lbs mushrooms (white or baby portabella)
·8 oz cream cheese
·1 lb breakfast sausage
·2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
·grated parmesan cheese (approx ½ to 1/3 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Separate stems from mushroom caps. Save stems for later. Lightly sauté mushroom caps in some olive oil on the stove.
3. Place mushrooms on lightly oiled baking sheet.
4. Saute sausage, drain, and set aside.
5. Chop stems into pieces, then combine with cream cheese, break crumbs, and sausage in a bowl.
6. Scoop mixture into caps.
7. Bake for 20 minutes