Holiday Cookies

Moderator: Mandy

paquerette
Yay! It's a PUMPKIN PIE!
Yay! It's a PUMPKIN PIE!

Holiday Cookies

Postby paquerette » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:32 am

Magic Cookie Bars:

Melt 1 stick of butter in 13x9 pan in warm oven. Mix in 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs and press into crust on bottom. Layer 12 oz of chocolate chips, 6 oz of other flavored chips if desired (butterscotch, mint, cinnamon, etc), 1 cup chopped nuts, a few handfuls shredded coconut. Drizzle 1 can sweetened condensed milk on top. Try to avoid having the layered ingredients or the milk touch the edges of the pan because it will stick. Bake at 350 until everything is melted and just slightly browned on top (20-30 minutes? Can't remember.) Cool completely before cutting. Cut small-ish pieces because it's very rich. Leave generous plateful with big glass of milk for Santa to ensure plentiful presents. :haha

Pam- lost in linux

Postby Pam- lost in linux » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:39 pm

Sorry to hijak the holiday cookies thread, but I found out that I could post without logging in and I am having trouble getting into the site, because Devon installed linux on my machine and I'm lost without windows and he hasn't imported my old emails, and I can't remember my password. Lisa, I emailed you, but I couldn't remeber your address for sure so I don't know if you got it... Can you help me get back in?

Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

lisa
chocolate cheese citrus peanut quiche
chocolate cheese citrus peanut quiche

Postby lisa » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:01 pm

Hi Pam! Your username is the same, and I'll reset your password to your baby's name (and you can change it later) with no capital letters. We miss you!!

reborin
aquatardy

Postby reborin » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:08 pm

I'm going to try these replacing flour w/a Red Mill baking mix and butter w/Earth Balance spread. Wish me luck!

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
4 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
PREPARATION:

In large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together; add egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, blending well.

Royal Icing
Learn Amazing Cake Decorating Tips, Tricks & Secrets Of The Pros Today!
www.Cake-Secrets.com
Chill dough for about 1 hour or until firm enough to roll. Heat oven to 325°. Roll portions of dough on lightly floured board or between 2 pieces of wax paper to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Continue rolling out and cutting shapes until all dough is used. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until no indentation remains when a cookie is touched lightly in the center. Cool slightly; remove to wire rack to cool thoroughly. Frost or decorate as desired. Makes 2 to 3 dozen cookies.
Icing:
Blend 2 cups sifted powdered sugar with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons milk or half and half. Stir until smooth and add more milk or half-and-half if necessary. If color is desired, spoon portions of icing into small bowls and stir drops of food coloring in until desired colors are achieved.
When we can't find peace in ourselves it is vain to look for it elsewhere.

Blog Shlog

pixiexto
Crumbs on the brain

Postby pixiexto » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:02 am

It's not ho-ho-ho Season anymore, but these got rave reviews from folks that I baked 'em for at xmas, and it's become a much-requested recipe. Just thought I'd share :)

*~*~*~* Sparkly Ginger Cookies *~*~*~*

(dairy, egg & possibly soy free)

4 T turbinado or demerara sugar (or regular sugar if it's what you've got)
2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 C canola oil
1/4 C molasses
1/4 C soy milk (or whatever you use)
1 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease two cookie sheets. Place turbinado sugar in a small bowl.

Stir together flour, baking soda, salt and spices. In another large bowl, combine oil, molasses, soy milk, sugar and vanilla. Pour the dry ingredients into wet and combine well. Roll into 1" balls, flatten into a 1 1/2 " diameter circle, press cookie tops into the turbinado sugar and place an inch apart, sugar side up, on cookie sheets.

Bake 10-12 minutes, let cool for 3-5 minutes on pan and then transfer to cooling rack.
someday is today.

reborin
aquatardy

Postby reborin » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:30 am

Ty Kathy! They looksee yummilicious!
When we can't find peace in ourselves it is vain to look for it elsewhere.

Blog Shlog

Return to “Cookies!”