I made a mashed tato w/kale dish last week. It was pretty yummy. I omited the soysages.
* 6-8 medium-sized potatoes (I used russet)
* about 1 cup of vegetable broth
* about 1/2 cup of soymilk
* dill, and/or basil to taste, and/or seasonings of your choice
* about half a bunch of kale (I used black kale, which for some reason I find more appealing), chopped fine
* 1 package vegan cheese (I used Follow Your Heart Monterey Jack), grated
* 1 large onion, cut into thin strips
* 1 package vegan turkey slices (I use Tofurkey Kielbasa) sliced into small rounds, or vegan "soysage" of your choice
Boil the potatoes till soft and mash them with the broth, soy milk, and seasonings. (I always mash mine with the peel, but use your own judgment). Steam the kale for about 10 minutes, or until crispy-soft (I did this in a bamboo steamer over the boiling potatoes). Mix the potato mixture with the kale and all but about 1/4 of the cheese. Sautee the onion until soft, and mix in the soysage slices until warmed over. Top the potato mixture with the onion/soysage mixture, and spread the rest of the cheese over the whole thing. Put the whole thing on the top rack of the oven on the highest temperature setting ("broil" on mine) until the cheese melts. If you are not using vegan cheese that melts well, just broil it for about 5 minutes.