Yummiest Corn Chowder ever

Moderator: Mandy

annie
buttcheek!
buttcheek!

Yummiest Corn Chowder ever

Postby annie » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:42 pm

I make this for Kobe a lot (our family's self proclaimed corn chowder addict.) It's just as yummy with or without chicken or with added veggies.

ingredients

1 pound chicken breast
2 cups chopped green onions
1-2 medium leeks, sliced (i usually use one leek)
2 med carrots, thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, cubed
1 clove garlic minced
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp flour
1 tsp sea salt
3 tbsp butter
3 cups fresh sweet corn
1 box organic chicken stock (veggie is fine)
about 3 tbsp cream or half and half

In a 4 quart saucepan, over medium heat melt one tb of the butter, add cut chicken breast and brown. Remove cooked chicken and place on a dish, leaving the drippings and butter. Add other 2 tb butter, onions, vegetables, and garlic and cook until tender. When veggies are tender enough add in paprika and flour, mix well and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken, corn, salt, and stock and heat until boiling.

Once boiling, turn down heat and simmer with cover on for at least 20 minutes. I usually cook on low heat for a few hours. Right before serving, stir in a few tablespoons of the cream (to taste) and voila!

*you can aslo add potato, green beans or regular onions or whatever veggie you like. It's also delicious with a green pepper and tabasco subbed in but my kids won't eat it that way.

reborin
aquatardy

Postby reborin » Sat May 03, 2008 9:39 am

How you think this would taste totally veggie? Just wondering, 'cause it looks so yummy! :D
When we can't find peace in ourselves it is vain to look for it elsewhere.

Blog Shlog

annie
buttcheek!
buttcheek!

Postby annie » Sat May 03, 2008 1:20 pm

It tastes yum totally veggie! I would add some potatoes to give it a bit of chunk.

Return to “Soups, Salads, and Sides”