Kung Pao Chicken
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast-cut up into 1 inch pieces
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoon light sesame oil or vegetable oil
3 tablespoon green onions-chopped
2 garlic cloves-minced
¼ to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon ginger
2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoon sugar
1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
4 cups cooked rice
1. Combine chicken and cornstarch in a bowl. Toss to coat and let sit for a few minutes.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet or wok on medium.
3. Add chicken to oil and stir fry for 5-7 minutes.
4. Remove chicken to a bowl.
5. Add to skillet/wok the onions, garlic, red pepper, and ginger.
6. Stir fry for about 1 minute then remove from skillet/wok.
7. Combine vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar in small bowl then add to skillet/wok and cook for several minutes.
8. Return chicken and veggie mixture to skillet and stir in the nuts.
9. Heat thoroughly and serve over rice.