Steak with a feta cap
1. Select two nice sized top sirloin or other cut filet (one per person)
2. Turn oven on to BROIL - High
3. Season meat with salt, pepper, fresh or dried herbs (oregano, rosemary, basil)
4. After oven is ready, place filets on baking sheet or in roasting pan and cook on one side for 4-5 minutes
5. Remove pan from oven and turn steaks over to cook other side. At this time, place some crumbled feta (or bleu cheese is great too!), enough to cover the top of the filet.
6. Continue broiling on this side, cheese up for another 4-5 min.
7. Just before serving, add a bit more cheese to the melted cap. Oila--& enjoy!
Baked sweet Potatoes
1. Select 2 medium sized sweet potatoes or Golden Yams & clean.
2. Poke holes in each with a fork).
3. Cook on a plate in the microwave on high for 5 min. Check softness of the potatoes, cook until desired softness is achieved.
4. Serve with butter & sour cream. Add nutmeg and/or cinnamon as desired.
Sauteed Portobello mushrooms
1. In a large skillet or frying pan, spray cooking spray and heat to high.
2. Slice 3-4 cloves of garlic and add to pan.
3. Slice or dice one head of a portobello mushroom.
4. As garlic begins to brown, add mushrooms.
5. To keep vegetables from sticking, add a bit of balsamic vinegar and a splash of red wine, and a dash of salt & pepper.
6. Continue cooking until mushrooms are soft, then serve either as a side dish, or on top of steak or chicken.
To be honest, this one was really easy. Buy a bag of pre-made lettuce (or shred your own). Toss in some cherry tomatoes, drizzle some ranch dressing & balsamic vinegar, add some chopped celery and pre-cooked cocktail shrimp and toss all together. Enjoy.